Marion County Job & Family Services is funded at the county, state, and federal levels and manages various federal programs designed to help people with certain workforce, financial, medical and social services.
Our agency divisions provide several categories of services to people living in Marion County Ohio. Those services include:
Workforce - The OhioMeansJobs – Marion County Center
This division links with area employment and training resources to support our goal of linking the right person to the right job at the right time. Services for individuals include help with job search; resume development, interviewing techniques, and job skill training. The OMJ-Marion Center staff also helps local employers with employee recruitment, pre-screening of job applicants, and access to funding to offset the cost of new employee training.
Critical supports including child care, transportation assistance, help with buying uniforms/ shoes for work are also available through our Workforce division.
This division assists in providing access to programs which assist with buying food, provide families with limited financial aid, and getting adequate health care coverage. Other benefits may include help with temporary setbacks such as car repair, a past due utility bill, gasoline to get to a new job, etc.
Programs which benefit older adults include Adult Protective Services (APS) and the CHORE program. The APS staff investigates reports of abuse/neglect of people at or above the age of 60. The CHORE program staff performs basic household maintenance and or repair for older adults (age 60+).
Child Support Enforcement
This division helps ensure the healthy development of children by locating parents, determining paternity, establishing support obligations, and collecting child support while emphasizing accountability, customer service, and community collaboration
Mission Statement - Job & Family Services of Marion County
In partnership with the community, we provide services that support and uplift individuals and families, contribute to skilled and healthy residents, successful businesses and a stronger community.
- We foster communication and cooperation within our Department and with other community service agencies to establish an effective network of resources for people in need.
- We recognize and accept change as an essential requisite for ensuring that services are efficient, effective and equitable.
- We encourage community input and are responsive to concerns and suggestions.
- We assume active leadership roles to make service improvements that will better address our mission.
- We hold ourselves personally and organizationally responsible for achieving outcomes that support our mission and provide public value.