Child care Services

Helping Families Afford Child Care

Low income parents who are working or in school can apply for help to pay for their child care. You must choose a licensed child care center, school-age program, head start, or home- based provider or a certified in-home aide provider in order to get help.

If approved for child care payment assistance, most parents are still required to pay for part of the child care expenses (called a fee or co-payment). The amount you pay is based on your income, family size and how many children that you have in child care. You may be eligible for help to pay for your child care if you receive cash from Ohio Works First (OWF) (formerly called ADC or welfare). You may also be eligible if you no longer receive OWF cash assistance or if you never received OWF, but your income is low.

For more information on how to apply for child care payment assistance, click here.